This three-day course provides students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multimode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to automate Junos Space management functions using Ansible.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, navigating the administrative environment, monitoring the Fabric, performing schema updates, and using Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 20.1R1.2.
• Explain the benefits of Junos Space software.
• Describe the Junos Space architecture.
• List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.
• Describe the two different form factors available for Junos Space.
• Perform the initial setup of Junos Space.
• Explain Junos Space security features and requirements.
• Explain how to navigate the Junos Space GUI.
• Describe multi-node Junos Space deployments.
• Describe the services that are used in a Junos Space deployment.
• Describe FMPM deployment.
• Describe High Availability failover scenarios.
• Describe how to manage jobs.
• Describe Roles, Users, and Domains.
• Describe how to recover from password lass and locked accounts.
• Explain how to manage Junos Space Network Management Platform.
• Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
• Edit device configurations.
• Upgrade the firmware of manage devices.
• Describe the differences between template definitions and templates
• Create and use templates and template definitions.
• Create Quick Templates.
• Create and deploy CLI Configlets.
• Describe the purposes of network monitoring.
• View nodes, node links and alarms using the Topology workspace.
• Configure and manage network monitoring features.
• Describe how reports function within Junos Space.
• Manage predefined and custom report definitions.
• Describe how to generate reports.
• Describe the benefits of using Ansible with the Junos Space Collection.
• List the Junos Space Collection modules and describe their purpose.
• Implement basic Ansible playbooks to work with Junos Space.
• Experience with the Junos Operating System,
including device management, administration, and
• Complete the Introduction to the Junos Operating
System (IJOS) course or equivalent knowledge
Introduction to Junos Space
• Junos Space Overview
• Junos Space Architecture
• Junos Space Applications
• Junos Space Features
Junos Space Deployment
• Junos Space Platforms
• Junos Space Initial Setup
• Initial Setup of Primary Node
• Junos Space Security
• Junos Space GUI
LAB 1: Deploying Junos Space
Deploying Junos Space in a Fabric
• Junos Space Fabric Overview
• Junos Space Services
• Fabric Creation
• FMPM Nodes
• High Availability Failover Scenarios
LAB 2: Deploying Junos Space Fabric
• Job Management
• Roles, Users and Domains
• Recovery from Password Loss and Lockout
• Managing Junos Space
LAB 3: Platform Administration
• Discover and Manage Devices
• Configure Devices
• Upgrade Device Firmware
LAB 4: Network Management Platform
Junos Space Templates
• Introduction to Templates
• Creation and Application of Template Definitions
• Creation and Application of Templates
• Quick Templates
• Creation and Application of CLI Configlets
LAB 5: Configuring and Applying Templates
• Monitoring Network Devices
• Monitoring the Network using the Topology View
• Network Monitoring Features
• Searching for Nodes and Assets
LAB 6: Network Monitoring
• Reports Overview
• Report Definitions
• Generating Reports
LAB 7: Reports
Junos Space Automation using Ansible
• Ansible Overview
• YAML and JSON
• Ansible Modules for Space and Security Director
• Setting up the Ansible Environment
• Creating and Running Ansible Playbooks
LAB 8: Junos Space Automation