This course is an introduction to SQL. It teaches students how to query or update data in a relational database management system (RDBMS). In this class, students learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language. This course provides the essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables, and create database objects. A student can use SQL Developer to access an Oracle database or MySQL Workbench to access a MySQL database. They can also experience using SQL*Plus to access an Oracle database or MySQL command-line client to access a MySQL database.
Students can see SQL statements that are identical in both Oracle database and MySQL database, and also see the variations in output or syntax between the databases in some statements.
2. Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
3. Restricting and Sorting Data
4. Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
5. Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
6. Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
7. Displaying Data From Multiple Tables Using Joins
8. Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
9. Using the SET Operators
10. Managing Tables using DML statements in Oracle and MySQL
11.Introduction to Data Definition Language in Oracle and MySQL