This course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering an IBM Spectrum Scale storage cluster in environments running Linux and AIX nodes. The course includes information on installing, configuring, and monitoring an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. Many Spectrum Scale features are described in lecture materials and then implemented in lab exercises. These features include: Storage management, high availability options, cluster management, and information lifecycle management (ILM) tools.
Note: Although the lab environment is running the Linux operating system, the differences in Spectrum Scale compared with an AIX environment are minor. Therefore, the skills acquired during the course can be applied in both Linux and AIX environments.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize the key features of IBM Spectrum Scale
• Describe IBM ESS and Spectrum Scale RAID
• Install IBM Spectrum Scale and configure a cluster
• Manage a cluster
• Implement information lifecycle management (ILM)
• Configure IBM Spectrum Scale high availability features
• Back up critical cluster data
This lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who want to understand how to install, configure, and manage an IBM Spectrum Scale storage cluster.
The student is expected to have a good understanding of UNIX/Linux, SAN, and Storage concepts